Hours: M-F, 10:30 to 12:30 (or when school is in session)
Description: Looking for reliable and dependable adults to supervise students during recess, lunch, and lunch recess. Adult supervisors are responsible for keeping the students safe while playing, eating lunch, and at lunch recess. These adults need to model to the students the Three Be's of our school:
- Be Safe
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
Para-Professional Tutors (PPTs)
Hours: Hours not to exceed 15 hours/week
Description: A teaching-related position that requires individuals to be reliable and professional. Individuals hired in this position will be working directly in the classroom, with students. The specific job-related responsibilities will be assigned by the Specialize teacher who will over see the PPT.
Duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Administers, scores, and records such achievement and diagnostic tests as the teacher recommends for individual students.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interest, and abilities
- Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
- Helps student master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
- Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
- Keeps bulletin board and other classroom learning displays up to data.
- Assists with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story telling.
- Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with students.
- Assists students in the library or media center.
- Checks notebooks, corrects papers, and supervises testing and make-up work, as assigned by the teacher.
- Checks and records student attendance.
Vice Principal, Mariko Yorimoto689-1280 or firstname.lastname@example.org schedule an interview and/or to go over the positions in greater detail.